Chia Obama

Chia Obama

by digby

@Dave Weigel tweeted this today with a simple "Oh my God". I also missed this when it came out in 2009 (and was quickly pulled from the shelves:)




I used to make fun of Bush kitsch, but this far exceeds anything I've ever seen. In fact, it's so out there, I'm tempted to think that this guy had something to do with it:

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
P.K. Winsome - Defective Obama Collectibles
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionMarch to Keep Fear Alive



What's odd is that the most jarring thing about it now isn't the cheesiness but the fact that their sales pitch had Obama representing "peace, hope and prosperity." It's easy to forget how recent that was. I guess we now know that unless you can get the peace and the prosperity part, hope is awfully difficult to maintain.


.